Full Program »
Topics in Philosophy of Economics (Sponsored by the International Network for Economic Method)
Thursday, 3 November 2016
09:00 - 10:30
Piedmont 8 (12th Floor)
Chair: Caterina Marchionni, University of Helsinki
This session explores three central themes in contemporary philosophy of economics: the ontology of institutions and how such entities are best incorporated into economic models, the methodology of experimental economics and how to handle the fact that participants alter their behavior when they are aware of being studied, and the nature of the theoretically central concept of preferences.
- Economic models and the nature of institutions
- Brian Epstein, Tufts University,
- Reactivity: What kind of confound?
- Maria Jimenez-Buedo, Uned,
- The Nature of Preferences
- Erik Angner, Stockholm University,