PSA 2010 Biennial Meeting
The Twenty-Second Biennial Meeting of the Philosophy of Science Association took place November 4–6, 2010, in Montréal, Quebec, at the Hyatt Regency Montréal, jointly with the Annual Meeting of the History of Science Society. The final program for PSA2010 is available in the associated files section below.
Below please find information concerning registration for PSA2010, hotel reservations, transportation to and within Montréal, and childcare. Additional information can be found on the HSS website at http://www.hssonline.org/Meeting/2010HSSMeeting/index.html.
Graduate students and independent scholars who are on the PSA2010 program are strongly encouraged to apply for a travel grant to defray the costs of attending the conference. Applications will be accepted until 8/31/10; see http://www.hssweb.org/travelgrants/ for more information.
Registering for PSA2010
Online registration for PSA2010 has now closed. Please register at the registration desk at PSA2010, in the Grand Salon Foyer, Level 4 of the Hyatt Regency Montreal.
Early registration ends at Midnight EDT at the end of October 3rd, 2010.
Regular registration ends at Midnight EDT at the end of October 24th, 2010.
Hotel Reservations and Information for Travelers
PSA2010 will take place at:
- Hyatt Regency Montréal
- 1255 Jeanne-Mance
- Montréal, Quebec, Canada H5B 1E5
- Tel: +1 514 982 1234
- Fax: +1 514 285 1243
- The conference rate is $159 CAD single/double.
- Reserve your room online: http://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=1504728
- Reserve your room by phone: 1-888-421-1442 (be sure to provide CODE 1504728).
- Hotel website with information about Montréal, including maps, directions and hotel services: http://montreal.hyatt.com
- Canadian customs information: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
- Travel information and security restrictions for flights: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm
- US State Department advice on travel to Canada: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html
- Information on the 747 Bus to and from the airport: http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/info/a-747.htm
- Information regarding travel with laptop computers: http://www.hssonline.org/Meeting/2010HSSMeeting/laptop_searches.pdf
A dining guide by Dr. Nicholas Dew, McGill University
For informational purposes only; no endorsement is intended.
- Kids Around Canada: http://www.kidsaroundcanada.com/childcare/montreal/
- Montreal Families: http://www.montrealfamilies.ca/daycare.htm
Those planning to attend PSA2010 are encouraged to register for the meeting and reserve accommodations at the earliest convenience. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Final Program download
- Chair: Stephen M. Downes University of Utah
- Craig Callender University of California, San Diego
- David Danks Carnegie Mellon University
- Heather Douglas University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Marc Ereshefsky University of Calgary
- Branden Fitelson University of California, Berkeley
- Roman Frigg London School of Economics
- Nicholas Huggett University of Illinois at Chicago
- Martin Thomson-Jones Oberlin College
- James Joyce University of Michigan
- Ron Mallon University of Utah
- Wayne Myrvold University of Western Ontario
- Samir Okasha Bristol University
- Julian Reiss Erasmus University
- Magaret Schabas University of British Columbia
- Robert Skipper University of Cincinnati
- David Stump University of San Francisco
- J.D. Trout Loyola University Chicago